Ingredients and Directions
Start with an initial base of waterskiing, convert that to slalom, and add a good measure of skateboarding. Blend in five ounces of snowboarding and a cup full of surfing. Switch feet and stir again. Let it set until confidence starts to rise. THEN, add acrobatics to further leaven the mixture. Stir again, 180 and then 360. Whip it until it pops. Spritz it with ‘rad’ lingo. Ride the butter!
A Smorgasbord of Images: “Tricks on a Wakeboard”
1. A lanky wake boarder on a short, sturdy board towed across water, stands in boot bindings with his feet ducked out for stability when he lands board on the water after doing a ‘heelside backroll’ in the foamy air. [Caption “This Blender Goes Twice the Speed of Boat”.]
2. The goofy-footed rider’s heels are along one edge of the board and his toes are along the other. He has pressed down with his heels, digging the edge of the board into the water. The board moves in the direction of the edge. [Caption: “Carving with Heels”]
3. The windblown rider has just bounced twice to break the tension on the water. Looking for his pop, he pushes down on his board with his back foot and scoops his front foot up, jumping over an imaginary fish dinner. [Caption: “Unwrapping His Ollie Pop”]
4. Three Wakeboard Riders doing High Water Tricks:
- Fruit Loop (A toeside front flip with a backside 180),
- Slim Chance (A heelside front flip with a frontside 360),
- Special K (A toeside backroll to blind, approached with both hands behind the back.)
- [Caption: “Breakfast of Champions”]
A Feast of Footwork Feats!
Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. 1 Corinthians 9:25 (NIV)
TRAINING – COMPETITION – PODIUM